Monday, June 17, 2013

WHEN HEROES FAIL


"I have missed more than 9000 shots in my career, lost almost 300 games, 26 times I have been trusted to take the game's winning shot and missed.  I have failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.

If you are trying to succeed there will be roadblocks.  I have had them.  Everybody has had them, but obstacles don't have to stop you.  If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up.  Figure out how to climb it, go through it or get around it.

I can accept failure.  Everyone fails at something.  But, I cant accept not trying."

-Michael Jordan

This is the kind of hero we need and our kids need.  We need to recognize that everyone fails, to learn how our heroes successfully deal with their failures and, from that, gather the strength and determination to do the same.

Sally Burgess

No comments:

Post a Comment