These two little boys are brothers. At a time when children seem to do more fighting over toys or parents' attention than anything else, it is always sheer joy to see them spontaneously hug one another or hold hands. These little boys hug each other when they pass in day-care, and hold hands when their Mom takes them to the mall. Sometimes they sit on the couch and hold hands while watching a movie. They are only 4 and 2 1/2 years old. Sure, they have their moments, but built in there somewhere is the wish to show their love for each other.
HOW CAN WE TEACH OUR KIDS TO LOVE ONE ANOTHER?
1. As parents be openly affectionate to each other.
2. Be openly affectionate to your children.
1. Encourage them to hug one another goodnight or goodbye.
2. Get them to comfort one another when one is hurt. 'Kiss it better'. If one hurt the other
then they need to say they are sorry, and kiss and hug to make up.
3. Train them to hold each other's hand along with a parent's hand when they cross the street
or are in the mall.
4.Teach them to look after each other, think about what the other is doing to make sure they
are are safe from harm.
If we don't make our kids mindful of one another, they remain as selfish as they were when they
were tiny tots and thought there was no-one in the world but them. It is a training exercise to have them consciously care for each other. It doesn't usually just happen.
Written by Sally Burgess