Sometimes we think that little ones will not understand a story so there seems little point in reading it to them.
HOW DOES IT HELP THEIR DEVELOPMENT?1. It is a perfect opportunity for bonding through close contact.
2. If they don't understand the words, they still hear as well as see expression in your voice
and on your face, along with seeing the pictures.
3. When you encourage them to repeat words after you, they learn to articulate more clearly.
4. You have the opportunity to explain what words mean as you read. This extends their vocabulary.
5. As they understand the words, you are helping them develop their imagination.
6. They learn all sorts of valuable information.
7. As they get older they gather interest in particular areas and learn to research subjects
of interest on their own.
8. You are helping them develop an appreciation for books.
9. Let them see you read for pleasure thus modeling what you want them to do.
10. Take them regularly to your library and make it a fun experience. Take books out.