Thursday, November 7, 2013

ADOPTION - BORN IN MY HEART


It is National Adoption Month!

When I read this post from a young adoptive mother, it touched me so much I thought I would share it.


"Adoption has changed my life for the better in so many ways!

I didn't know it was possible to love another human being as much as I love my son. I wholeheartedly love my husband, my parents, and all my family; but the love between a mother and her child is something special.

From the moment I brought him home, I had this instinct to protect this little one from all the dangers of life. That protective instinct has grown into a love and bond that just cannot be put into words.

It matters not that he (my son) wasn't born of my flesh. He was born in my heart, and our bond is spiritual.

I am in wonder as I realize that this is how our Heavenly Father must feel about us. We are not literally born of His flesh, but born from His heart, His creative nature. He loves us more than we can ever comprehend.

Adoption is a wonderful picture of God's plan for mankind."

Posted by Sally Burgess

No comments:

Post a Comment