We have just been on a road trip from Nashville, TN to Daytona and Key Largo, Florida. We went to visit friends who had lovely condos down there and it was just great to walk the beach, read a book, go shopping and besides many other things, enjoy memories together.
YES! THERE ARE ALWAYS THINGS TO DO AT HOME OR WORK!Everywhere I look at home, I am reminded of things to do, meetings to go to, shopping to attend to, money to earn, kids to care for etc. All of those 'things' are absolutely necessary to maintain our everyday lives. We find ourselves organized, wound up and poised on 'go' all the time. But is this really what our lives should constantly look like? NO! Our bodies need to freewheel sometimes just to unwind.
THERE'S BENEFITS IN CHILLING OUT1. It loosens our springs and gives our brains time to unwind.
2. It relieves stress, anxiety, headaches, back pain, worry and it gives us a better quality of sleep.
3. It rejuvenates our body cells so that we build up our immune system.
4. It loosens our muscles, especially our heart. When working hard it pumps hard.
5. It gives us something good to plan and look forward to.
6. It gives us the rest to be more productive at home or on the job when we return.
7. It creates great memories
8. It bonds us with our children and/or other family members.
9. We gain new friends and it may give us insights into others' lives.
10. It releases our 'happy chappies' (endorphins) that give us a sense of well-being.
BAN THE LAPTOPS ON THE BEACHWhen on vacation, leave your social media in the bottom of your bag in case of emergencies.
Whatever you think, you are not indispensable! The longer break you can take the more relaxed you, your heart, your brain and your family become. They need you and you need them. If you have to take shorter breaks, make sure you read your body signs. Are they screaming, "I need time out?"
You have one body and you don't know how long that piece of string called 'life' is going to last.
Written by Sally Burgess, Forefront Families